Monday 16 February 2015

Aquarius New Moon: Take Two as the Sun Moves Into Dreamy Pisces...

The last New Moon on 20th January was at 0°Aquarius 8'. This one, on 18th February at 11:47 pm UT/GMT, is at 29° Aquarius 59' and is exact minutes before the Sun (and the moon) move into Pisces. 

I'm thinking of the second Aquarius New Moon as a second chance to get things right in the last month of the Astrological New Year when the Sun makes its way through the dreamy Neptune-ruled sign of Pisces. 

Last month I was all fired up about gaining insight into things that have been feeling unclear for some time. I was determined to quickly clear out old patterns and move forward after having personally been through over two years of a very stuck, confusing and foggy-feeling Neptune mid-life transit. Reflecting upon this last lunar month I feel like I've "Jumped the gun" and "thrown the baby out with the bath water" on a few unresolved issues in my efforts to move forward. 

The last part of any cycle contains dark moon phase energy, underworld journey energy; a time of reflection and endings before a new cycle begins. The last few days before New Moon is the Dark Moon phase. The last part of the year is also a Dark Phase. The time leading up to the Winter Solstice, and Winter generally, is a Dark Phase, a quiet time before new life bursts forth. The time during which the Sun travels through Pisces, the last sign of the Zodiac and the month before the new cycle begins with the Sun moving into Aries, is also the Dark Phase of the Zodiac Cycle. 

A cycle's Dark Phase time and energy is best spent quietly reflecting and going within which is a type of Underworld Journey. A descent into the Underworld helps develop a relationship with hidden forces in our unconscious, release the past, stimulate our psychic abilities and discover a new mature sense of self and our strengths. As we emerge from the Underworld at the beginning of the next cycle, we can do so feeling transformed and renewed.

The New Moon is a time of beginnings, a time to seed the new cycle. The New Moon is wish time, a magical power moment "that can transform the desires of the heart into material reality" ~ Jan Spiller, New Moon Astrology. The great thing is we know there is a reflection period followed by wish time which we can utilize every lunar month. We can prepare for the new by resting and reflecting during the Dark Moon Phase then make a wish at New Moon, bursting forth into the new cycle feeling renewed and transformed.

The beginning of every cycle contains New Moon energy; Wish-time magical-power-moment-creation-energy. When aware of a cycle, people will want to start the New Cycle fresh. New Year's Resolutions and Spring Cleaning are the most obvious examples I can think of in today's society. And more and more people are harnessing the new cycle energy of the New Moon by making a conscious wish each lunar month.

This New Moon is also Chinese New Year and so the beginning of two cycles simultaneously. 2015 is the Year of the Green Wooden Sheep. Big Yang Theory: Goat, Sheep or Gazelle?

We have a few more days before the second Aquarius New Moon of 2015. We are currently in the Dark Moon Phase of the lunar cycle, the Balsamic Moon Phase, a time best spent reflecting and going within. 

"At the Balsamic Phase, the life impulse distills and concentrates the wisdom of the entire cycle into a capsule of seed ideas for future vision." ~ Demetra George, "Finding Our Way Through the Dark."

As I write this I am reflecting upon the last lunar month as well as the last few years. I want to set a powerful heart-felt intention for this New Aquarius Moon. 

This New Moon marks both the beginning of one cycle, the lunar cycle, and the Dark Phase of another cycle, when the Sun travels through the sign of Pisces, the last sign of the Zodiac. The Aries Equinox at 10:45 pm UT/GMT on March 20th, is the beginning of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere and the beginning of the Zodiac. It is therefore considered by many to be the beginning of the Western Astrology Calender. The other possible beginning being the Aries New Moon.

I intend on spending the next Lunar Month, as the Sun travels through dreamy Pisces reflecting upon the last year and dreaming up possibilities to seed at the beginning of the next Zodiac cycle. I intend on going deep within during this Dark Phase month of the Zodiac and wish to emerge feeling transformed and renewed as Spring and the Astrological New Year begin in March. I intend to have gained heart-felt insight into what I choose to wish for at the beginning of the Astrological New Year and the Pisces New Moon. The Pisces New Moon in March is also a total Solar Eclipse happening earlier on the same day as the Aries Equinox, when the Sun begins its next cycle through the zodiac. What a super-powerful-magical-wish-time moment that promises to be!

For anybody not sure what to wish for this Aquarius New Moon, Jan Spiller has some great Aquarius-inspired ideas in her book "New Moon Astrology." Here is a smaller selection:

"I want a brilliant, inventive solution to occur to me regarding the situation of____"; "I want to easily find the courage to revolutionize my life"; "I want to easily find myself courageously and successfully following my dream of ____"; "I want to easily find myself supporting outcomes that are good for others, as well as myself"; "I want to become consciously aware of the larger picture of what is happening in the area of ____"; "I want to greet unexpected events as positive opportunities for growth"; "I want to see life in a way that sparks my sense of humour"; "I want to easily find myself realigning my thinking in cooperation with my destiny"; "I want to easily find myself ceasing to take things personally"; "I want to easily find myself making choices that are in my highest interests in promoting healthy friendships"; "I want to easily find myself feeling comfortable and self-confident in group situations, relating to others with helpfulness"; "I want self-sabotaging tendencies to withdrawal easily lifted from me"; and "I want all destructive rebellion totally lifted from me."

Aquarius rules the ankles, calves, circulation, cramps, spasms and varicose veins. The Aquarius New Moon is the perfect time to make a wish about healing one or more of these area or to find the perfect healer to assist in healing one or more of these areas. 

As Jan Spiller says in her book, wishes always come true, in one form or another. I concur. Often a wish is granted long after we first made it and sometimes we no longer want the wish to come true when it finally becomes physically manifest. 

Wishes are more powerful when made in writing at the New Moon and for twenty-four hours afterwards. Sit with your wish(es) first. Feel your wish(es) through to make sure it feels authentic and your true heart's desire, not the whim of your ego-mind. 

Happy wish-seed creation and reflection!!!

   




 




No comments:

Post a Comment